Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day.

these are the Valentine's Days in the past that i can remember.

2002: i got my hair cut SHORT (it was long, then it was short, now it is long) & received a life-altering (or so i thought at the time) note from the object of my affection of my high school years.

2003: i was sicker than i've ever been in my life and my band, the legendary Right Angles, played at a Valentine's Day show. i was barely there, but i made it through tunes by the Velvet Underground, Syd Barrett, & Beat Happening.

2004: i saw Super Furry Animals in Athens, Georgia & it was pretty amazing. here's some visual evidence:



2005: i ate some ice cream, which resulted in the abandonment of my 4 month long journey into veganism. yeah, veganism wasn't for me so much.

2006: i went to New York City all by my lonesome for the day & went to Marc Jacobs & the Magnolia Bakery.

2007: it was a SNOW DAY so i was housebound & watched my favorite movie of all time, Aki Kaurismaki's The Man Without a Past.

this year: i am baking loads of cupcakes to provide to my weekend guests, The Depreciation Guild, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, and Crystal Stilts, who are going to play for the enthusiastic coeds here tomorrow & it is going to be SWEET.

1 comment:

shhhh said...

yes it is!

about to go see my teenage stride and crystal stilts-- what a great valentine's day this is....