Wednesday, October 28, 2009

favorite things of late.

1. the changing weather & new season. i very much enjoy wearing the cardigans & tights & ankle boots & flannel & turtlenecks that have been stashed away for months. i'm still hanging on to one last, favorite Summer habit, though, which is sleeping in the nude. i always wake up freezing.

2. Linus Roache, who plays my favorite new A.D.A. on Law & Order.


oh hello there.




3. Withnail & I. pure amazingness.








my favorite scene, when Withnail drinks lighter fluid & yells, "i must have some booze. I DEMAND TO HAVE SOME BOOZE!!"


4. songs i've been playing obsessively: Split Enz's "I Got You" & Roxy Music's "Over You"




i've also been on a big Built to Spill kick, both old & new. and i've been loving the new Clientele, Feelies reissues, "Dancing Barefoot"- both the Patti Smith original & the Feelies' cover, the Silos, lots of Elliott Smith, New Order's Technique for working out, & a whole slew of old Merge favorites due to my voracious consumption of the new book out chronicaling the label's history (SO GOOD). probably my favorite label of all-time.

5. the cover of Elvis Costello's Almost Blue. which i received for my birthday from my dear friend Tony.


6. pictures from my birthday party. i don't know why the only good ones of me are with Morris.





(Swedish Princess Cake yay!)

No comments: