Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"the boy next door is into better things/the boy next door is into bigger things/the boy next door is me"

i saw The Feelies a few weekends ago in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. they were phenomenally fast & tight & perfect & amazing. i think the highlight of the show for me had to be "Raised Eyebrows," with it's pounding, primal three-drum intro, giving way to jittery guitars and a beautiful melody. IN-CREDIBLE. this is what the "Raised Eyebrows" (with "Fa Ce La") single looked like when it came out in 1980.


The Feelies are my style icons they were (and ARE) so cool, they just dressed and looked perfect to me.


My favorite album cover of all time, how can you deny THE COOLNESS:






Glenn has the best style of any man ever. He was sporting some amazing tortoisehell sunglasses & nicely-fitting khakis & awesome all black All-Stars.


Oh, and Dave, the guy who plays percussion, was my FAVE. he completely owned the tambourine & bells & maracas & occasional snare and bass drum.


before The Feelies came on, SHRUBS opened for them, and i thought they were the greatest thing i'd ever heard. they also were amazing because they had mini-shrubs on stage with them. and the drummer especially rules because he gave me all this crazy stuff. he liked me.


and, while we're on the subject, i also saw the mighty Robert Forster (of the best band of all time, The Go-Betweens) a few days before The Feelies. Robert wins at life.


No comments: