Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summer In The South

this is my favorite license plate of all time. it's the only one my little Saab JoJo has ever had. sadly, i had to replace it with the new, beach-scene/Jimmy Buffet inspired plate. sigh.


yesterday i took a trip to Pensacola, Florida, to visit my grandfather Cookie. my dad + my uncle bought him a new computer for his birthday so i attempted to explain the mysteries of the Internet to him. this picture was sitting on a bookshelf next to his computer. see my cousin + i dressed up for Halloween probably like...oh my god probably almost TWENTY YEARS AGO. WHAT. definitely 18 years ago at least. apparently he was a Cowboy + i was a Ballerina.


so far this Summer, i have pretty much been strictly listening to large amounts of Guided By Voices, Teenage Fanclub, The Papercuts, + Plasticland.

my fave GBV song ever, "My Valuable Hunting Knife," from the terrific Alien Lanes


Teenage Fanclub's "I Need Direction" from Howdy!


The Papercuts' "Future Primitive" from the absolutely sublime You Can Have What You Want, definitely the best release of '09 so far (IN MY OPINION)!


and well, i haven't got a good Plasticland video to share, but i would like to show you all a picture of them

in all of their hilariously intense psychedelic get up, 80's STYLE!

No comments: