Saturday, May 23, 2009

BYE.

what i will miss about New York (Brooklyn, mostly):

1. McGolrick & McCarren Park
2. the walk to the Bedford L
3. bagels from the Bagelsmith
4. the friendly corner store where i buy my Diet Cokes
5. my teeny tiny little room with the big window that lets in all those street sounds
6. FRIENDZ
7. $3 Trader Joe's wine
8. fun loft shows every weekend
9. seeing Yo La Tengo at the office
10. free stuff & occasional good times at Matador


what i won't miss:

1. the SUBWAY, especially the G (which i only take to get to the Bell House)
2. being broke
3. smells of Polish food
4. people walking too slowly in Brooklyn & people walking too hurriedly in Manhattan
5. not having my car, little JoJo
6. being sick of my minimized wardrobe
7. taking an hour to get almost everywhere you go
8. not having my best friends around
9. eating terribly
10. not having my GUITAR or RECORDS & RECORD PLAYER


what i am looking forward to this summer:

1. wearing brightly colored nail polish
2. thrift store shopping
3. working at the record store
4. travelling to: the Mississppi Delta, Athens, Birmingham, North Carolina, etc!
5. making & saving money
6. STARTING MY RECORD LABEL! (well, taking the preliminary steps at least-- it'll probably be later in the year when something actually happens...)
7. making movies (me & M's Elvis Costello doc, for one)
8. reading more Southern Lit
9. listening to dreamy music like the Papercuts, old Yo La Tengo, Galaxie 500, & Felt
10. playing with my pretty kitty William!

No comments: