Sunday, December 9, 2007

2 things that make me feel out of place/not like myself & 1 thing that makes me feel very much like myself

1. wearing jeans. or any pants, really. i don't know why exactly, but i just do not like to wear them. i only wear skirts & dresses, with tights this time of year of course, as i live in the snowy winterland that is Upstate New York. i do like shorts too, but only during warm times, because i think that tights under shorts is a little tool-ish. so tonight i put on a pair of jeans, and they looked cute & all, but i had to take them off and put on a skirt because i just thought YOU LOOK WEIRD.

2. being at a hip hop show. yet another thing i did tonight. i felt terribly out of place. i don't think an explanation is really required.

3. the Beat Happening song "Fourteen." it just warms my soul to know there are people out there who get it. everything. see:

"we were playing with your rabbits
we were feeding them some cabbage
you were telling me that you have a black and white cat
we took a walk, you start to hop
we jumped rope and played hop scotch

you see, to me, the best part of sex is walking home, holding hands, after swimming in the lake
to me, the best part of love is when you say, you'll be my friend

we were wearing our pajamas
we were eating some bananas
i wanted to tell you how i want to be your pal"

No comments: