Tuesday, December 18, 2007

fin de siecle/kind of an end-of-the-year list

2007 was weird. it was real bad at times, but also mindblowingly amazing sometimes too.
all i really need to remember about 2007 was that

i had a superbowl party called "Colts vs. Bears: Who Cares?"


i got way into Buddy Holly.


i played tambourine with the Ladybug Transistor.


i met my idol, Daniel Pinkwater, and he liked me.

i sat on the floor of the Bowery Ballroom, chatting with Amy Linton, Stuart Murdoch, and various Ladybugs and Greats Lakes one insane summer night.

i drove from New York State to Alabama State (and listened to Tom Petty along the way).


i went to the Athens Popfest and met cute boys and saw fanstastic bands and got my leg caught on a fence which lead to stitches in that leg. (pictures just won't suffice. you had to be there)

i saw Dean Wareham play "Ceremony" and he told me he remembered my face.


for Halloween, i went as a little kid from the 50's playing dress up.


i took my skirt off during St. Christopher's set at the New England Popfest.
pre-skirt removal:


i think they liked me!


and i saw The Clean !!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm in your blog! oh boy! now can we toke up and have some french onion soup, please?