Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Clean.

Lots of great things are from New Zealand. Like: The #1 top person in the world Dean Wareham, those cute little Kiwi birds, The Chills, The Flight of the Conchords, and... The Clean. If I was a band, I would be The Clean. They are just my ideal band. They are everything music should be. Lo-fi, minimal, poppy, melodic, fun, and they write songs about cats. They recently played a 3 night stint at the Cake Shop in NYC's lower east side. After the first show, I got a cupcake. After the 2nd show, I had some beers. I didn't make it to their 3rd show. Tempting, but instead I took the train back to school and sat under my covers watching Queer As Folk.

Anyway, The Clean are amazing. They played "Whatever I Do It's Right," Hamish sang it, he is my favorite Clean and that song is the greatest song ever.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
See Hamish playing drums? He is the best. This photo was taken by my friend Andrew Gardner who is an excellent photographer!

I went to see The Clean with my dad. A friend of his was there- they know each other because they both belong to a Guided By Voices zealot mailing list and they have met a few times before at GBV-related events. Reporting back to the mailing list about the weekend's Clean festivities, the friend wrote that it was great hanging out with my dad at the shows, and with his "cool daughter." He then told all the people on the list with babies to take notes from him, apparently because he raised such a great person. Yes, I am pretty great...

1 comment:

Andrew Gardner said...

Yeah...I'd say your dad did a good job!

Wish I'd had the chance to talk with him more!

I like that Andrew Gardner guy...he's okay too!